- The female organs of a flower, comprising the stigma, style, and ovary.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Five pistils were dissected from flowers and the stigmas and styles were mounted on aluminium stubs using carbon paste.
- Most of the flowers have a pistil longer than the anthers.
- In addition, there was a negative correlation between the number of stamens and the number of pistils within female flowers.
early 18th century: from French pistile or Latin pistillum 'pestle'.
Más definiciones de pistilDefinición de pistil en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional