Definición de pivot en inglés:
- The insert requires minimal preventive-maintenance grease at its pivot points and axles.
- By rotating the dial, the pivot point or the fulcrum of the brake lever moves in and out.
- You will see in this drawing there is a pivot and lug mechanism.
- No - she had been the pivot of it all, the centre, the core.
- Saudi Arabia, an absolute monarchy, was a crucial pivot of U.S. policy from the 1970s forward.
- For the U.S., Okinawa is the pivot of its East Asian military presence.
- If Wallace is frequently overpowered by some of the league's more gargantuan pivotmen, guarding Jermaine O'Neal is Big Ben's chance to push around someone else.
- Until injuries abruptly curtailed his career, Willis Reed was a strong, mobile center who could handle brutes like Chamberlain as well as quicker pivotmen.
- Among an ever-improving crop of pivotmen, Duncan is still the most dependable and fundamentally sound.
- As the pivot player makes contact with the floor, he pivots toward the basket, holding the ball high over his head.
- Put the ball down hard on the floor, before you pick up your pivot foot.
- The rear foot becomes the pivot foot, so don't move it if you stop dribbling.
verbo (pivots, pivoting, pivoted)[no object] Volver al principio
- He deliberately pivoted in his swivel chair, as if thinking.
- They can be raised and lowered, rotated and pivoted for the optimal working angle along their 1,575-ft.
- The teacher pivoted around on her heels and hatred contorted her expression.
- The fourth pushchair was bought a few weeks after the third pushchair after we realised that we'd bought the first one without checking the front wheels were pivoted.
- The secret was that both sets of wheels are pivoted in the Fairlie principle.
- When wall-mounted, an optional mounting bracket pivots the handgun out before the door drops down to present the holster-mounted firearm.
- Unlike affordability, which mostly pivots on interest rates and household income, appreciation is influenced much more by supply and demand and represents the return on your investment.
- This spectatorship, however - both Scottie's and the audience's - pivots on its dual nature: the act of looking is itself both active and passive at the same time.
- It pivots on the mutual affirmation of each other as churches belonging to the one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church of Jesus Christ.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- For increasing the pivotability without weakening the chain, the front edge of the middle hinge part is maintained at full width.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The pivotable screen is tailor-made for showing other people what you've done while you sit at the keyboard.
- A cutting apparatus having a pivotable blade holder includes a blade housing with an internal blade cavity with a blade opening to the outside of the housing.
- This case has a top cover assembly, a bottom cover assembly, both of which are pivotable around a longitudinal axis forming a hinge assembly.
Late Middle English: from French, probably from the root of dialect pue 'tooth of a comb' and Spanish pu(y)a 'point'. The verb dates from the mid 19th century.
Palabras que riman con pivotdivot
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.