Definición de pixie en inglés:
sustantivo (plural pixies)
1A supernatural being in folklore and children’s stories, typically portrayed as small and humanlike in form, with pointed ears and a pointed hat, and mischievous in character.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It's very clever for a story that's set in a parallel dimension inhabited by elves, pixies, unicorns and griffins!
- In folklore, pixies play cheeky tricks on humans; they are annoying perhaps, but ultimately harmless.
- I'm a lot more interested in the time tree model where we are just a single growing and evolving organism, with no dependency on aliens or magic pixies turning up further down the line with sweets if we do well for ourselves.
2 short for pixie cut. do you think she should grow out her hair or keep her pixie?
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The stylist created this layered pixie using a technique called round graduation, in which the cut is fuller in the middle and shorter at the hairline and sides.
- Although she appears to have a messy chopped pixie, her hair is actually very carefully cut and precisely sculpted.
- Nancy was born in Ohio, one of six children, four of them girls, and with her pixie hair was often mistaken for a boy.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- She was very cute, with an almost pixyish face and a mischievous smile evident even while she slept.
- Her slight frame and elfin appearance suggested a coy, pixieish quality but her work revealed wit and tough-minded resourcefulness.
- Short and stocky, a shopworn wool sweater carelessly worn backwards on occasion, Bob displayed an almost pixyish quality that was only enhanced by his lilting, Gaelic turn of phrase and charming absent-mindedness.
Mid 17th century: of unknown origin.
Palabras que riman con pixiedixie, tricksy, Trixie
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda