Definición de pixie en inglés:
sustantivo (plural pixies)
1A supernatural being in folklore and children’s stories, typically portrayed as small and humanlike in form, with pointed ears and a pointed hat, and mischievous in character.
- It's very clever for a story that's set in a parallel dimension inhabited by elves, pixies, unicorns and griffins!
- In folklore, pixies play cheeky tricks on humans; they are annoying perhaps, but ultimately harmless.
- I'm a lot more interested in the time tree model where we are just a single growing and evolving organism, with no dependency on aliens or magic pixies turning up further down the line with sweets if we do well for ourselves.
2 short for pixie cut. do you think she should grow out her hair or keep her pixie?
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The stylist created this layered pixie using a technique called round graduation, in which the cut is fuller in the middle and shorter at the hairline and sides.
- Although she appears to have a messy chopped pixie, her hair is actually very carefully cut and precisely sculpted.
- Nancy was born in Ohio, one of six children, four of them girls, and with her pixie hair was often mistaken for a boy.
mid 17th century: of unknown origin.
- Example sentences
- She was very cute, with an almost pixyish face and a mischievous smile evident even while she slept.
- Her slight frame and elfin appearance suggested a coy, pixieish quality but her work revealed wit and tough-minded resourcefulness.
- Short and stocky, a shopworn wool sweater carelessly worn backwards on occasion, Bob displayed an almost pixyish quality that was only enhanced by his lilting, Gaelic turn of phrase and charming absent-mindedness.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan