- 1A detailed proposal for doing or achieving something: the UN peace planMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This will allow residents to look at detailed plans for the proposals and speak to council officers about how they will be implemented.
- Members are also likely to call for more detailed plans of the other proposed measures, in readiness for public consultation.
- Lancashire County Council offered to help draw up detailed plans using their proposals.
- 1.1 [with modifier] A scheme for the regular payment of contributions toward a pension, savings account, or insurance policy: a personal pension planMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In dollar terms, the change in contribution pension plan investment is staggering.
- Some universities use a private pension plan, so your contribution may vary.
- I am in the firm's defined contribution pension plan and contribute the maximum for my age.
- 2 (usually plans) An intention or decision about what one is going to do: I have no plans to retireMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Elderly residents at two closure-threatened care homes are to get their say in the plans before any final decisions are made.
- Each girl will be formally interviewed by four judges about their interests and future plans before a decision is made.
- Ellen has no plans to retire and hopes to be one of the happy band raising money to support Sue Ryder homes for many years to come.
- 3.1A fairly large-scale map of a town or district: a street planMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The point of education is not to give pupils a street plan of their local district but a putative map of the world.
- The plans should incorporate street furniture, paving, lighting and trees.
- Oxford residents have expressed their anger at development plans on St Giles Street and at Keble College.
- 3.2A drawing or diagram made by projection on a horizontal plane, especially one showing the layout of a building or one floor of a building. Compare with elevation ( sense 3).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As per law, it is either the BMRDA or the BDA which have powers to approve the layouts and building plans.
- While drawing up plans for city centre buildings, he often helped children with their school design projects.
- Very few building plans are at a scale where internal arrangement can be properly read.
- 3.3A diagram showing how something will be arranged: look at the seating planMás ejemplos en oraciones
- You can, in fact, check seating plans through airline websites - if you know how to find them.
- Know the seating plan and etiquette before boarding the company jet.
- Tonight we're chilling after sorting out the seating plan and printing out the place cards for the wedding.
verbo (plans, planning, planned)[with object] Volver al principio
- 1Decide on and arrange in advance: they were planning a trip to Egypt [with infinitive]: he plans to fly on Wednesday [no object]: we plan on getting married in the near future we have to plan for the futureMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The restaurant is quite a good size but due to popularity it is essential to book in advance if you plan on having dinner there.
- Before you plan a trip, decide whether you'd rather try a wilderness lodge or a guest ranch.
- This is fantastic news if you plan on making a trip to the US this year.
- 2Design or make a plan of (something to be made or built): they were planning a gardenMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It is not necessary to have only indigenous plants when planning a xeriscape design.
- We walked for miles here, thinking very thoroughly, talking, taking hundreds of photographs, planning the design.
- I'm planning a couple of design changes to this blog, and rounded corners may well make an appearance in the new version.
someone's (or the) best plan
- A person’s (or the) most sensible course of action.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Pakistan board wanted faster pitches for them but their best plan now would be to prepare turners.
- Probably their best plan, however, is to ignore him and hope that no one will notice what he says.
- The task force concluded that it's best plan of action is to have a ‘lean staffing model’ in which ‘excellence’ is placed ahead of volume and compensation is, thus, high.
go according to plan
- Happen as one arranged or intended.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Everything had been planned for and everything went according to plan.
- As a project manager, I know too well that when you operate in a tight time frame, no matter how much you plan, nothing goes according to plan.
- But the married father-of-three, who has 22 years' experience, is confident that arrangements will go according to plan.
plan of action (or attack)
- An organized program of measures to be taken in order to achieve a goal.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These five goals were discussed to determine a plan of action to achieve them.
- With respect to the forethought phase of self-regulation, the primary participants continued to set goals and devise plans of action for navigating their college-level courses.
- The document, however, failed to detail any environmental goals or plan of attack.
late 17th century: from French, from earlier plant 'ground plan, plane surface', influenced in sense by Italian pianta 'plan of building'. Compare with plant.