- A platoon of soldiers stands at a checkpoint on a barren road in the middle of miles and miles of trackless desert.
- The heavy armored cavalry troop is organized with a troop headquarters, two scout platoons, two tank platoons, a mortar section, and a maintenance section.
- The third rifle platoon was committed to reinforce success on the right flank.
- Prosecutors are either too timid or outgunned by the platoons of pricey defense lawyers.
- Some suits already have been filed, and platoons of lawyers and other legal watchdogs are standing by in battleground states like Wisconsin just in case.
- I had my 9 a.m. acting class to teach to our platoon of body doubles.
- Coach Hubie Brown has gotten players to buy into his philosophy and to sacrifice their playing time as part of two-man platoons at every position.
- The two could form a right-left platoon at the position.
- Coaches must be willing to teach, give young players regular playing time and work platoons at several positions because the team is committed to developing its young talent.
- Expect Walker to handle the ball even more this season with the team platooning several players at point guard.
- Casey platooned Brown and Billy Johnson at third.
- Expect Iannetta to face a good number of southpaws, as the club would be best suited to platoon the position.
- McAuliffe remained with the Tigers for five more seasons, eventually platooning with veteran second baseman Tony Taylor, before being traded to the Boston Red Sox for slugging outfielder Ben Oglivie in 1974.
- Speaking about platooning, Bobby said, ‘Nobody liked to platoon, but it's better than sitting all the time.’
- He is expected to platoon in right field with Jeffrey Hammonds and newcomer Michael Tucker.
Mid 17th century: from French peloton 'platoon', literally 'small ball', diminutive of pelote.
pellet from Late Middle English:
Pellet is from Old French pelote ‘metal ball’, from a diminutive of Latin pila ‘ball’. Latin pila is also the source of pill, originally balls of medicine, and piles for haemorrhoids (both LME). Platoon is a less obvious relative. It comes from French peloton ‘platoon’, literally ‘small ball’. It captured the concept of a small body of foot soldiers acting as a closely organized unit.
Palabras que riman con platoonafternoon, attune, autoimmune, baboon, balloon, bassoon, bestrewn, boon, Boone, bridoon, buffoon, Cameroon, Cancún, cardoon, cartoon, Changchun, cocoon, commune, croon, doubloon, dragoon, dune, festoon, galloon, goon, harpoon, hoon, immune, importune, impugn, Irgun, jejune, June, Kowloon, lagoon, lampoon, loon, macaroon, maroon, monsoon, moon, Muldoon, noon, oppugn, picayune, poltroon, pontoon, poon, prune, puccoon, raccoon, Rangoon, ratoon, rigadoon, rune, saloon, Saskatoon, Sassoon, Scone, soon, spittoon, spoon, swoon, Troon, tune, tycoon, typhoon, Walloon
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: pla·toon
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.