sustantivo (plural platypuses)
A semiaquatic egg-laying mammal that frequents lakes and streams in eastern Australia. It has a sensitive pliable bill shaped like that of a duck, webbed feet with venomous spurs, and dense fur. Also called duckbill platypus.
- Ornithorhynchus anatinus, the only member of the family Ornithorhynchidae, order Monotremata
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The only living monotremes are the platypuses and the echidnas.
- The mammals the researchers studied were the platypus, echidna, opossum, wallaby, hedgehog, mouse, rat, rabbit, cow, pig, bat, tree shrew, colugo, ringtail lemur, and humans.
- Two of the most amazing mammals on Earth are the naked mole-rat and the platypus.
Definición de platypus en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional