Definición de pleasure en inglés:
- Perhaps if he had been more concerned with self-advancement he might not have fallen into obscurity - but would he then have produced such happy music for our pleasure?
- Everyone present expressed satisfaction, approval, pleasure and delight at being in attendance.
- There was no uncertainty, no wavering, no hesitation, nor was there any mirth, any pleasure, any satisfaction.
- Some parts of the building are for entertainment, pleasure, and relaxation; others for work and for meeting outsiders.
- Glasgow has become a place of leisure, pleasure and entertainment.
- There's a problem here, an interesting one if one is concerned about reading as an act of pleasure as opposed to literature as a field of scholarship.
- I resist the view that the pleasures of fiction derive from its purely thought-experimental aspects.
- It is undoubtedly true that the pleasures of smoking are derived from the actions of nicotine on the central nervous system.
- His own interest in food lay in the pleasures to be derived from it.
- The pain receded, the feeling of sensual pleasure slid away from her.
- I'm quite disappointed in myself; I expected I'd sneak a smoke here in New York, just for the sheer sensual pleasure of it.
- There's a predictable but effective sensual pleasure here.
adjetivo[attributive] Volver al principio
- This is why Taiwan is staking a claim by moving to a higher end product and allowing China to soak up the less prestigious and demanding pleasure boat business.
- The pleasure business is clearly a successful one.
- Southend Airport today launched a major campaign to revive short-haul business and pleasure flights to Europe.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- It is a wonderful, and natural, way of releasing sexual tension, and pleasuring one's self.
- The small motel room echoed with her moans of satisfaction and his sighs of pleasuring her.
- Which newsreader was fired by her network telly bosses after security video managed to catch her orally pleasuring a lucky pilot on the station's roof top helicopter pad?
- They are a kind of pleasuring in the language.
- My dear, I used to think I was serving humanity and I pleasured in the thought.
at someone's pleasure
- As and when someone wishes: the landlord could terminate the agreement at his pleasureMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It was never enough to read and fill my mind with rich thoughts, to call upon at my pleasure, for I wished to summon them all at once in a moment of supreme consciousness.
- The next morning you can loaf around at your pleasure, and in the afternoon there will be a demonstration of a back massage, followed by gentle exercise and some stimulating oils to prepare you for your journey home.
- They don't value families; they value having the authority to control others or punish them at their pleasure.
have the pleasure of something
- Used in formal requests and descriptions: he asked if he might have the pleasure of taking her to lunchMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Now someone else is going to have the pleasure of it, and it may be that he or she will appreciate it even more than I would.
- ‘I don't think that person's going to have the pleasure of it,’ I said.
- For those who have never had the pleasure of a flight into a combat zone, let me describe your loss.
- Used as a polite reply to thanks: “Oh, thank you!” “My pleasure.”Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘It was my pleasure,’ he replied as he pulled out a half a loaf of bread, some meat and cheese.
- Plus I will buy you a drink or even several… believe me, that would be my pleasure.
- Besides, it was my pleasure to review you in the first place.
take pleasure in
- Derive happiness or enjoyment from: they take a perverse pleasure in causing troubleMás ejemplos en oraciones
enjoy, delight in, love, like, adore, appreciate, relish, savor, revel in, glory ininformalget a kick out of, get a thrill out of
- Your partner may also love it or will simply take pleasure in your happiness.
- Happiness is the art of taking pleasure in what you have.
- Whether you're a city dweller or a country bumpkin like myself, it seems that we all take pleasure in what nature holds for us.
what's your pleasure?
- What would you like? (used especially when offering someone a choice): “What’s your pleasure?” “A cappuccino, please.”
- Gladly (used to express polite agreement or acceptance).Oraciones de ejemplo
gladly, willingly, happily, readily;by all means, of coursearchaicfain
- I was flattered and somewhat surprised, but accepted with pleasure.
- He was in fact the worker of extraordinary things, the teacher of men who accept the truth with pleasure.
- In front of the goals, Malcolm Ross accepted the ball with pleasure and he scored seven goals.
Late Middle English: from Old French plaisir 'to please' (used as a noun). The second syllable was altered under the influence of abstract nouns ending in -ure, such as measure.
Palabras que riman con pleasureleisure, made-to-measure, measure, treasure
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.