1 another term for past perfect.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The extent to which this grammatical form suggests a pluperfect is disputed among Hebrew grammarians.
- He's going to start understanding plurals and possessives and abstract notions of time and space, and before you know it he'll be speaking in the pluperfect subjunctive.
- The driver replies, ‘I've heard that question a thousand time, but never in the pluperfect subjunctive.’
1.1 [as modifier] More than perfect: they have one pluperfect daughter and are expecting an ideal little brother for her
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He is a perfect representative of the Democratic Party and a pluperfect speaker for a Democratic fundraiser.
- All three casts, most of them making their debuts in the ballet, had their virtues, although none quite caught the pluperfect Danish style once personified by Erik Bruhn himself.
Palabras que riman con pluperfectimperfect, perfect, word-perfect
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: plu·per·fect
Definición de pluperfect en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda