Definición de pockmark en inglés:
1A pitted scar or mark on the skin left by a pustule or pimple.
- His wrinkly old skin held pockmarks and warts and scabs, and he had a large crooked nose.
- ‘Even without scratching spots on the face can leave the familiar pockmark scars,’ she said.
- Scabs, blemishes, and pockmarks pervaded the rest of his face.
1.1A scar, mark, or pitted area disfiguring a surface.
- There were shrapnel pockmarks from bow to stern, and the main living area was just one enormous cavity of burnt wood, twisted metal and torn cables.
- I'm talking about wear and tear - just faint pockmarks - within the track area.
- The surface was covered with the tiny pockmarks of meteor strikes.
verbo[with object] (usually be pockmarked) Volver al principio
Cover or disfigure with pockmarks: the area is pockmarked by gravel pits (as adjective pockmarked) a pockmarked face
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- All the buildings are pockmarked and streaked with dust.
- Inside her flat the carpet was covered in broken glass and plaster, the walls pockmarked by bullets and shrapnel.
- The highway leading to the hospital and the trade fair was pockmarked with craters caused by the attack.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan