Definición de poker face en inglés:
1An impassive expression that hides one’s true feelings.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In Europe and North America, these display rules encourage vivid facial expressions of emotion; a poker face is generally regarded as dull or deceptive.
- Scott hid his grin behind a poker face - something he'd learned from Johnny.
- When we express our goodwill, we usually use a smile or a welcoming expression, not just a political poker face.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- That said, the Cleveland performances were oddly disappointing: inflexible, poker-faced, and without a hint of the sensuous rubato that gives this music its infectious lilt.
- Then it was inside to start the jamming in earnest, taking up residence upstairs with Ted's father George and some of his band members, including their wonderful and absolutely poker-faced mandolin player.
- His clipped voice and poker-faced appearance point to a rather humourless, intimidating figure, but his weary stoicism and commitment to the truth make him the kind of man you would want on your side when the chips fall.
Pronunciación: /ˈpōkər ˌfāst/adjetivo
Definición de poker face en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda