Definición de polarimeter en inglés:
An instrument for measuring the polarization of light, and especially (in chemical analysis) for determining the effect of a substance in rotating the plane of polarization of light.
- A major difficulty in using microscopes for polarimeters is that most polarimeters purposely only collect light from a very small angle
- For example, the effect of acids and salts on a solution of an optically active substance such as nicotine could be followed by observing the rotation of the plane of polarised light through a polarimeter.
- PDR Chiral make advanced laser polarimeters, but their site not just a glorified sales pitch for their instruments, as is so often the case with commercial web sites.
- Example sentences
- Several difficulties arise from using a conventional light microscope for polarimetric studies.
- We put these principles to work when we designed and built a waveplate for a spectropolarimeter and polarimetric filtergraph being built by Lockheed Martin Solar and Astrophysics Laboratory (Palo Alto, CA) under contract to NASA.
- In the lab, however, people are now using more polarimetric techniques because they let them calculate all polarization states.
- Example sentences
- Precision control of polarization is increasingly important in disciplines such as solar polarimetry, optical communications, biomedical imaging, military target identification, chemical analysis, and wavelength filtering.
- In addition to polarimetry, analyzing the spectrum of a Type Ia supernova during the rising part of its light curve can reveal specific information about its elemental composition.
- We studied polarimetry with wide-band filters and a simple instrument that took us six months to calibrate.
Definición de polarimeter en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan