Definición de polite en inglés:
adjetivo (politer, politest)
- In the UK, and most of Europe, it is not considered polite to just say what you want.
- You could tell he didn't think much of my work, though he was far too polite to blurt it out.
- You could hand around evaluation forms, but many people are too polite to tell you what they really thought.
- Over the years he built a pagoda to polite English society as it faded in the glare of post-war vulgarity.
- But lay into others and you should prepare to be visited by the vengeance of polite society.
- There are still some things that cannot be talked about in polite society.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- With a smile, politely hand your method of payment to the person manning the counter.
- I politely smiled and excused myself since it was time for the next session of the soirée.
- Its roof can politely be described as a victory for design over function.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Yet when does this politeness, this so-called consideration become mere insipidity?
- He was an extremely popular young man, who was renowned for his politeness and manners.
- They want lessons in politeness, courtesy, and most of all the correct way to drive a car in traffic.
Late Middle English (in the Latin sense): from Latin politus 'polished, made smooth', past participle of polire.
Latin politus ‘polished, made smooth’ is the source of polite, with polish (Middle English) coming from the same root via French. Polite was originally used to mean ‘polished’, with the sense of something that is carefully finished and maintained being transferred to language and behaviour around 1500.
Palabras que riman con politeaffright, alight, alright, aright, bedight, bight, bite, blight, bright, byte, cite, dight, Dwight, excite, fight, flight, fright, goodnight, height, ignite, impolite, indict, indite, invite, kite, knight, light, lite, might, mite, night, nite, outfight, outright, plight, quite, right, rite, sight, site, skintight, skite, sleight, slight, smite, Snow-white, spite, sprite, tight, tonight, trite, twite, underwrite, unite, uptight, white, wight, wright, write
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.