Definición de polychaete en inglés:
A marine annelid worm of the class Polychaeta; a bristle worm.
- There are more than 50 fish species whose lives are linked to Sargassum, and a myriad of invertebrates, including gastropods, polychaetes, bryozoans, anemones, and sea-spiders.
- The focal stage for this analysis is the early period of embryo encapsulation, a mode of development that has evolved several times among gastropods, polychaetes, nemerteans and flatworms.
- Sponges are preyed upon by gastropods, polychaetes, asteroids, echinoids, turtles, and fishes.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to or denoting polychaetes.
- Generally benthic feeders, many butterflyfishes eat small invertebrates, sponges or polychaete worms.
- Similar, and even greater evolutionary conservatism has been noted among other polychaete families.
- Little is known about their diet at sea, but it includes fish, crustaceans, and polychaete worms.
- Example sentences
- The observed pattern of the nervous system is very similar to that found in many polychaetous annelids.
- A similar argument can be applied to the interpretation of Wiwaxia, a problematic ‘worm’ from the Burgess Shale that Walcott compared to modern polychaetous scale-worms.
Definición de polychaete en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan