- 1Of, relating to, or resulting from many cycles.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In a screen for defective courtship songs, the nonA diss mutant was identified by its abnormal pulse songs, which become increasingly polycyclic and very high in amplitude during a song burst.
- Interestingly, the latter's mutant song phenotype shows similarities to the wild-type songs of the D. virilis group of species, which has song pulses that are more polycyclic than those of D. melanogaster.
- 1.1 Chemistry (Of an organic compound) having several rings of atoms in the molecule.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The respirable portion of particulates can include acid condensates, sulfates, nitrates, and organic compounds (e.g., polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons).
- The molecules, called polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, are common in interstellar space, and many believe they were among the raw materials for life.
- Chronic exposure to polycyclic aromatic compounds in dusts produced at the plant was suggested as a possible factor in the disease excesses.
- 1.2 Geology (Of a landform or deposit) having undergone two or more cycles of erosion and deposition.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some structural, petrological and isotopic evidence suggests multi-stage and possibly polycyclic metamorphic evolution of the granulites of the Eastern Ghats belt.
- Chert fragments are likely to be polycyclic but originally derived from obducted deep-sea strata.
- The pervasively and multiply deformed polycyclic high-grade metamorphic rocks make it difficult to reconstruct the original evolutionary history of the Mozambique belt.
Más definiciones de polycyclicDefinición de polycyclic en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional