- An abnormally increased concentration of hemoglobin in the blood, through either reduction of plasma volume or increase in red cell numbers. It may be a primary disease of unknown cause, or a secondary condition linked to respiratory or circulatory disorder or cancer.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The differential diagnoses included chronic hepatitis, idiopathic urticaria, uremia, polycythemia, thyroid disease, and malignancy, among others.
- This is more than twice the production rate in adults, primarily because of relative polycythemia and increased red blood cell turnover in neonates.
- Because in chronic pulmonary disease both hypoxemia and polycythemia are simultaneously present, their individual effects on the pulmonary circulation have been difficult to define.
Más definiciones de polycythemiaDefinición de polycythemia en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional