Definición de polygamous en inglés:
1Practicing, relating to, or involving polygamy: polygamous societies
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This happens routinely after marriage, and women from decimated kin groups are taken as wives in this polygamous society, without brideprice having to be paid.
- These family compounds accommodate the large extended families and polygamous marriages that are common among the Maninka ethnic group.
- Although I am no expert in the anthropology of wealth in polygamous and non-polygamous societies, I absolutely agree with Dr. Hartung's general points.
1.1 Zoology (Of an animal) typically having more than one mate.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Male California sea lions are polygamous, mating with many females.
- All deer are polygamous, with males competing for females, but the manner in which each species approaches courtship has much to do with the nature of its environment.
- Howler monkeys are polygamous, living in groups of usually 4-11 individuals, including one or more males.
1.2 Botany (Of a plant) bearing some flowers with stamens only, some with pistils only, and some with both, on the same or different plants.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The sections Hastati and Afroacetosa are composed of polygamous and gynodioecious species as well as a dioecious one, Rumex sagittatus, which lacks differentiated sex chromosomes.
- these are what botanists term polygamous flowers, i. e., some of them are perfect, containing both stamens and pistils; some are male only; others, again, are female.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- If the probability of multiple mating is random, by chance alone adults with more offspring sampled would be more likely to be detected as having mated polygamously.
- Wolves, for example, are generally monogamous but also breed polygamously if the male is unrelated to the female and prey is plentiful.
Palabras que riman con polygamousbigamous, trigamous
Definición de polygamous en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda