1Consisting of or occurring in a number of separate stages.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The polyphase tectonic and sedimentological development of East African continental rift basins is well-illustrated in the Kilombero Rift Valley in Tanzania.
- The Moine rocks widely record polyphase deformation and metamorphism up to amphibolite facies.
- New palaeomagnetic data from Lower Carboniferous granitoids of the orogenic root of the eastern Variscan belt show a polyphase palaeomagnetic record.
1.1(Of an electrical device or circuit) designed to supply or use simultaneously several alternating currents of the same voltage and frequency but with different phases.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Energy Policy Act of 1992 required minimum efficiency standards for general purpose, polyphase induction motors.
- The reduction in the die area dedicated to capacitance opens up the possibility of building more complex RF circuits, such as image-reject mixers and polyphase IF filters.
- In contrast to direct current (which was difficult to transmit more than ten miles), polyphase AC systems proved capable of transmitting power hundreds of miles.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- But he had no scientific proof that, in situations of sleep deprivation, polyphasic sleep - the term for frequent napping - was more efficient than monophasic (getting sleep all in one chunk).
- It has been demonstrated that when a dark-adapted leaf is illuminated with high intensity actinic light, the fluorescence transient shows a polyphasic rise, including phases O, J, I, and P.
- Isolates underwent polyphasic analyses employing phenotypic (selective media and biochemical testing) and genotypic (polymerase chain reaction) assays to determine species identification.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: pol·y·phase
Definición de polyphase en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda