Definición de polypoid en inglés:
1 Zoology Of, relating to, or resembling a polyp or hydra.
- These attributes are obliterated when it undergoes metamorphosis into a sessile polypoid adult.
- In its microstructure and gross anatomy, Hyolithelius is most similar to Byronia and to thecae of polypoid coronalids.
- Byronia is most similar to thecae of polypoid coronalids, an extant group of scyphozoans that have been allied with conulariids.
1.1Of, relating to, or denoting the polyp stage in the life cycle of a coelenterate. Also called hydroid. Compare with medusoid.
- A life cycle including both polypoid and medusoid phases that can be separate in space and scarcely overlapping in time characterizes many hydrozoans and most scyphozoans.
- The polypoid stage represents the asexual phase of its life cycle.
2 Medicine (Of a growth) resembling or in the form of a polyp.
- Laryngoscopy revealed a polypoid lesion implanting on the anterior aspect of the subglottic cone.
- Physical examination revealed a polypoid lesion at the right margin of the tongue.
- Physical examination revealed a pedunculated polypoid mass measuring 0.5 cm in greatest dimension involving the midanterior two thirds of the right tongue blade.
Definición de polypoid en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan