- 1A doorway, gate, or other entrance, especially a large and elaborate one.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I drove past the studios; the gates seemed like portals to some other world.
- The people were shoulder to shoulder through the gate portal.
- He laughed softly and directed me out of the chapel, towards the portals of the main doorway and the sunlight in the plaza.
- 2 Computing An Internet site providing access or links to other sites.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Industry related directories or portals are great sites to get links from.
- Some states had Web sites they called portals but they were really just places to download information.
- Now Clare has teamed up with other independent maternitywear retailers across the country to form an internet portal with links to their websites.
late Middle English: from Old French, from medieval Latin portale, neuter (used as a noun) of portalis 'like a gate', from Latin porta 'door, gate'.
- Of or relating to an opening in an organ through which major blood vessels pass, especially the transverse fissure of the liver.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The liver biopsy specimen showed portal triads and sinusoids infiltrated with lymphoid cells.
- She developed the rapid onset of liver failure with portal hypertension and died in a hospice.
- Adhesions are broad and very short septa between portal tracts and hepatic veins.
mid 19th century: from modern Latin portalis, from Latin porta 'gate'.