Occurring or done after the event: a post hoc justification for the changes
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The results of my study were negative, and the journal reviewer insists that I perform a post hoc power calculation.
- The above news reports mislead many readers into interpreting correlation as cause; post hoc as propter hoc; speculation as facts.
- Thus, post hoc tests, such as linear contrasts, template correlations, and pairwise comparisons are used.
post hoc, ergo propter hoc
- After this, therefore resulting from it: used to indicate that a causal relationship has erroneously been assumed from a merely sequential one.Oraciones de ejemplo
- The fallacy of Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc occurs when something is assumed to be the cause of an event merely because it happened before that event.
- The relevant fallacy is post hoc ergo propter hoc.
- When I say that post hoc ergo propter hoc is my favorite fallacy, I mean two things: first, I am a nerd, and second, I love that this simple phrase diagnoses so many logical and scientific missteps.
Latin, literally 'after this'.
Palabras que riman con post hocad hoc, amok, Bangkok, baroque, belle époque, bloc, block, bock, brock, chock, chock-a-block, clock, doc, dock, floc, flock, frock, hock, hough, interlock, jock, knock, langue d'oc, lock, Locke, Médoc, mock, nock, o'clock, pock, roc, rock, schlock, shock, smock, sock, Spock, stock, wok, yapok
Definición de post hoc en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda