Definición de postposition en inglés:
A word or morpheme placed after the word it governs, for example -ward in homeward.
- It's quite different from English, too, in that it puts the verb at the end of the sentence and uses postpositions instead of prepositions.
- A switch within the prepositional phrase should be ruled out because English has prepositions and Panjabi postpositions.
- This actuality of things is emphasized by the postposition of the color adjective, in accordance with normal, non-poetic usage: it excludes any metaphorical interpretation.
- Example sentences
- In Japanese as in Carrier, it is possible to describe the cooking process more specifically by adding adverbs and postpositional phrases, e.g. ‘gently’ or ‘in a frying pan’, but the number of basic verbs is limited.
- Korean is a subject-object-verb language, for example, and has a rich system of postpositional case markers.
Definición de postposition en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan