(Of a word) placed after or as a suffix on the word that it relates to.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Until the middle of the twentieth century the scholarly consensus was that Mark could not have ended with a postpositive particle or with such a shocking ending as ‘for they were afraid.’
- Among other particular features of Albanian and other Balkan languages are a postpositive definite article and the absence of a verbal infinitive.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A postpositive word.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I'm interested in the origins of ‘I'm just saying’ used postpositively.
- ‘Aplenty’, ‘galore’, and the informal ‘extraordinaire’ are examples of adjectives that are primarily used postpositively in modern English.
Definición de postpositive en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional