- An alkaline potassium compound, especially potassium carbonate or hydroxide.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Glauber created a mixture of saltpeter, lime, phosphoric acid, nitrogen and potash which was the first completely mineral fertilizer.
- Fertilizers containing high amounts of nitrate of soda, muriate of potash, potassium nitrate and ammonium nitrate can cause the highest accumulated salts.
- The suitcase contained chlorate of potash and paraffin wax, which was mixed with gelignite to form an explosive compound.
early 17th century: from pot-ashes, from obsolete Dutch potasschen, originally obtained by leaching vegetable ashes and evaporating the solution in iron pots.
Más definiciones de potashDefinición de potash en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional