- A white crystalline salt, occurring naturally and produced synthetically, used in fertilizer, as a meat preservative, and as a constituent of gunpowder. Also called saltpeter or niter.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Chemical formula: KNO3
- Fertilizers containing high amounts of nitrate of soda, muriate of potash, potassium nitrate and ammonium nitrate can cause the highest accumulated salts.
- Several formulations are available, and all are based on fertilizers such as urea, ammonium nitrate, ammoniated phosphates, potassium sulfate, potassium nitrate.
- The first chemical explosive was gunpowder, or black powder, a mixture of charcoal, sulfur, and potassium nitrate.
Más definiciones de potassium nitrateDefinición de potassium nitrate en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional