sustantivo (plural potties)
- 1A bowl used by small children as a toilet.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The little potty has a little bowl that slides out so that you can easily dump it in the toilet and flush away your problems.
- Leave a light on, or plug a night-light in so it's easy for them to get to the toilet during the night, or put a potty in the bedroom (with an old towel underneath it).
- They were so excited about it, they sent out a three-page press release with the history of the unfortunate drinking vessel, claiming it may once have doubled as a potty.
- 1.1 • informal A toilet.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Then he sat naked on his potty and phoned his stockbroker.
- The ad features a series of shots of a young boy, beginning with him standing naked urinating into a potty and later eyeing a woman in a short skirt.
- I sat down at the table and grabbed the picture book to look at myself sitting on a potty.
adjetivo (pottier, pottiest)• informal , chiefly British
- 1Foolish; crazy: he felt she really had gone pottyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He looked at me afterwards as if I had gone potty!
- Frank is on the carpet for charging £300 on his expenses for a kilt jacket and the hacks have gone potty.
- ‘Such high handed and potty political correctness is a shabby way to treat a popular hero,’ said the newspaper.
- 1.1 [predic.] Extremely enthusiastic about or fond of someone or something: I’m potty about my two sonsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He has been potty about planes for as long as his parents can remember and continues to reach new levels in his love of all things flying.
- She's also a qualified trampoline coach, a former bank manager - and she's potty about country music!
- She's potty about her work with pets and longs to fill her home with four-legged friends.
- 2 [attributive] Insignificant or feeble: that potty little mowerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Why couldn't be have gotten that potty little man we usually had as a substitute?
- But you've still got to climb a lot of stairs or go into a potty little lift and find your way around.
- It must have something enormously significant living, but we have reduced it to such a potty little affair
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The real reason, I think, behind his pottiness was that it helped him cope better with the demands and pressures of high-level sport.
- The essential pottiness of it all becomes more obvious when you consider what it is you're getting when you get a passport or an ID card, and the extent to which they differ.
mid 19th century: of unknown origin.