- 1Weight, especially when regarded as excessive: reduce excess poundage without risking overexertionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Any excess poundage can be got rid of on special festival walks and at the local sports day!
- Several of the contingent are carrying excess poundage following the Christmas festivities which included a four-week gap from competition.
- All the diets seemed safe and all produced weight loss, although there were no huge drops in poundage.
- 2British A payment of a particular amount per pound sterling of the sum involved in a transaction.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He sifts through his papers again to repeat the agreement on business rates which commits the Executive to the current freeze on the rate poundage and increases over the next two years limited to no more than inflation.
- The rate poundage is likely to be cut, giving an impression that business is getting something back.
- He also attacked business rates which he said were also a ‘stumbling block to positioning Scotland as a truly good place to do business’ as the rate poundage was significantly higher than in England.
Más definiciones de poundageDefinición de poundage en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional