- The ratio of the actual electrical power dissipated by an AC circuit to the product of the r.m.s. values of current and voltage. The difference between the two is caused by reactance in the circuit and represents power that does no useful work.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The control unit is configured to generate a control signal indicative of a difference between the actual power factor and the power factor set point.
- If power factor on a circuit is significantly reduced, current levels, as detected by circuit breakers, could rise, causing breakers to open or fuses to blow.
- The phase angle between voltages and currents is very important as it relates to the power factor.
Más definiciones de power factorDefinición de power factor en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional