- Of or having the powers of a praetor.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A herdsman, tough and uneducated, he rose high in the army and became praetorian prefect of Diocletian, to whom his loyalty was unswerving.
- The head of the civil administration as far as Britain was concerned was the praetorian prefect of the Gauls, based in Trier, to whom the vicarius of the British diocese was responsible.
- Titus and Domitian were not close (they were separated in age by 21 years) and so while Titus was dying, Domitian left for the praetorian camp where he was hailed as emperor.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A man of praetorian rank.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Although Vindex was defeated, Nero's suicide and the support of Gaius Nymphidius Sabinus and the praetorians encouraged Galba to march on Rome, accompanied by Otho, governor of Lusitania.
- There actually is quite the rounded out selection of units to make as well, ranging from infantry to spearman to archers to legionnaires to praetorians and beyond.
- Though you are one century short from a cohort, you will be known as the storm cohort, as elite as the praetorians in status.
Más definiciones de praetorianDefinición de praetorian en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional