Definición de preeclampsia en inglés:
A condition in pregnancy characterized by high blood pressure, sometimes with fluid retention and proteinuria.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- She was suffering from pre-eclampsia, a pregnancy-related illness which, in rare cases, can result in the death of the mother or the baby.
- With pre-eclampsia, high blood pressure can develop any time after the 20th week of pregnancy, but is most common towards the end.
- Conditions such as pre-eclampsia can be detected only through regular antenatal checks.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The evidence that blood pressure measurement may predict pre-eclamptic toxaemia is not yet conclusive.
- The risk of breast cancer was significantly increased for pre-eclamptic women after adjusting for age and parity.
- Women who were born after a pre-eclamptic pregnancy had more than twice the risk of having pre-eclampsia in their first pregnancy compared with other women.
Pronunciación: /-ˈklamptik/adjetivo& sustantivo
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda