The condition of having blood pressure between 120/80 mmHg and 139/89 mmHg, considered an indication of risk for hypertension.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Now with that blood pressure measurement, you'd be diagnosed with the abnormal condition of prehypertension, at risk of life-threatening cardiovascular complications.
- The strong association of high blood pressure with obesity and the marked increase in the prevalence of childhood obesity indicate that hypertension and prehypertension are becoming a significant health issue in the young.
- Further, prehypertension and residual hypertension together may account for nearly 14% of deaths, nearly 10% of nursing home admissions, and 4.7% of hospital admissions per 10,000 adults aged 25 to 74 years.
early 21st century.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Patients with a systolic blood pressure of 120 to 139 mm Hg or a diastolic blood pressure of 80 to 89 mm Hg should be considered as prehypertensive and require health-promoting lifestyle modifications;
- If an adolescent's blood pressure is greater than 120/80 mm Hg, the patient is prehypertensive.
- It's in the prehypertensive child that weight, diet and exercise become especially important because we can stop it from becoming full-blown hypertension.