Definición de prehypertension en inglés:
The condition of having blood pressure between 120/80 mmHg and 139/89 mmHg, considered an indication of risk for hypertension.
- Now with that blood pressure measurement, you'd be diagnosed with the abnormal condition of prehypertension, at risk of life-threatening cardiovascular complications.
- The strong association of high blood pressure with obesity and the marked increase in the prevalence of childhood obesity indicate that hypertension and prehypertension are becoming a significant health issue in the young.
- Further, prehypertension and residual hypertension together may account for nearly 14% of deaths, nearly 10% of nursing home admissions, and 4.7% of hospital admissions per 10,000 adults aged 25 to 74 years.
early 21st century.
- Example sentences
- Patients with a systolic blood pressure of 120 to 139 mm Hg or a diastolic blood pressure of 80 to 89 mm Hg should be considered as prehypertensive and require health-promoting lifestyle modifications;
- If an adolescent's blood pressure is greater than 120/80 mm Hg, the patient is prehypertensive.
- It's in the prehypertensive child that weight, diet and exercise become especially important because we can stop it from becoming full-blown hypertension.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan