Definición de prepotent en inglés:
1.1(Of a breeding animal) showing great effectiveness in transmitting hereditary characteristics to its offspring.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- My observations have been that stud fee is usually a fixed number (in my experience about 50% of a typical pet puppy, although it may approach 100% for popular, prepotent sires.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Cleveland Bay's accomplishments and their prepotency prompted their use as foundation stock or improvement sires for other breeds.
- It seems obvious that these animals are trapped by strong instinctive behaviors, and clearly we have here a demonstration of the prepotency of such behavior patterns over those which have been conditioned.
- Prior to February 2000, there were three different and competing staff organizations that could claim prepotency in Korea.
Late Middle English: from Latin praepotent- 'having greater power', from prae 'before, ahead' + posse 'be able'.
Definición de prepotent en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda