- 1Greater than others in power or influence.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Frankly, the prepotent title he goes under isn't enough to lend his argument any legitimacy.
- 1.1(Of a breeding animal) showing great effectiveness in transmitting hereditary characteristics to its offspring.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- My observations have been that stud fee is usually a fixed number (in my experience about 50% of a typical pet puppy, although it may approach 100% for popular, prepotent sires.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Cleveland Bay's accomplishments and their prepotency prompted their use as foundation stock or improvement sires for other breeds.
- It seems obvious that these animals are trapped by strong instinctive behaviors, and clearly we have here a demonstration of the prepotency of such behavior patterns over those which have been conditioned.
- Prior to February 2000, there were three different and competing staff organizations that could claim prepotency in Korea.
late Middle English: from Latin praepotent- 'having greater power', from prae 'before, ahead' + posse 'be able'.
Más definiciones de prepotentDefinición de prepotent en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional