- 1A standing executive committee in a communist country.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She was so distrustful that she was only prepared to report verbally on the program's content to the party presidium just one week before the presentation of the finished document.
- There are also many Kohl supporters in the party presidium.
- Political weight has been involved in the antigovernment protests, with some opposition leaders calling for an establishment of a presidium to replace the current government whom they claim had lost public confidence.
- 1.1 (Presidium) The standing executive committee in the former Soviet Union, which functioned as the legislative authority when the Supreme Soviet was not sitting.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Also, the USSR Council of People's Commissars had the right to suspend all decisions and orders of the Republic's Council of Commissars, and the Praesidium of the Supreme Soviet could annul them.
1920s: from Russian prezidium, from Latin praesidium 'protection, garrison' (see preside).
Más definiciones de presidiumDefinición de presidium en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional