- Expressing a past action or state.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But what we do in English is shift the subordinate clause verb into preterite inflection (had blue eyes instead of has blue eyes) as if to respect the choice of tense in the main clause.
- In Tables 4 and 5, the present and preterite paradigms of the indicative mood of the strong verb bindan (to bind) and of the weak verb heran (to hear) are set out for comparison.
- So now look at this sentence, with the preterite form could.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A simple past tense or form.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Both of them have a raft of irregular preterites and past participles, suggesting long standing confusion.
- Both shed and crown could therefore be taken as preterites.
- That minimum is represented in English by verbs such as must and ought, which are modal verb with no preterite (inflected past tense).
Middle English (in the sense 'bygone, former'): from Latin praeteritus 'gone by', past participle of praeterire, from praeter 'past, beyond' + ire 'go'.
Más definiciones de preteriteDefinición de preterite en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional