- 1The production of books, newspapers, or other printed material: the invention of printing [as modifier]: the printing industryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Before the invention of printing, books were produced entirely by hand by a series of painters, calligraphers, and binders.
- Nicholas V died in 1455, unaware of Johannes Gutenberg's invention of printing with moveable metal types in Mainz, Germany.
- The importance of his book is that it was printed (book printing was invented just a short time before by Gutenberg) and many copies were therefore available.
- 1.1A single impression of a book: the second printing was ready just after ChristmasMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Will new printings of traditional books be issued on demand, or printed in advance and warehoused?
- A microfiche edition of the first printings of Mathilde's works has recently been published by IDC in the Netherlands.
- A sufficiently high number of pre-orders would push the book into multiple printings early on and guarantee a high ranking.
- 1.2Handwriting in which the letters are written separately rather than being joined together.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The printing was hurried and the cramped letters ran together as if Alec had been in a great hurry to get them on paper.
- I'm not sure how many years I received instruction, but I think cursive and printing might have been different years.
- It was hard and white, and the printing on top was someone's flawless handwriting to ‘Mr. William Gale.’
Más definiciones de printingDefinición de printing en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional