Definición de privy council en inglés:
A body of advisers or private counselors appointed by a sovereign or a governor general (now chiefly on an honorary basis and including present and former government ministers).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Privy Council is an unelected body; constitutionally it is answerable only to the reigning monarch.
- The reference by the Prime Minister to the Privy Council is merely a sop to overactive consciences.
- I have noted that there have been no appointments to the Privy Council in terms of members of this House.
privy councilor sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- But his decision to make ten of his twenty-one privy councilors women was yet another unheard of innovation.
- The privy councilor presided over the competition and presented the winning team with the revered King's Cup Trophy.
- He said he and officials felt very grateful for suggestions and moral support given by the privy councilor.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India