- A naval court that adjudicates on the distribution of ships and property captured in the course of naval warfare.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Note the emphasis on the fact that the Supreme Court here sat as a prize court administering the law of nations, and note its references to the international character of the law maritime.
- If any was found, the vessel had to be escorted to the nearest port, where a ‘prize court’ would adjudicate whether the cargo was contraband or not, and confiscate it if it was.
- The project for an international prize court was soon forgotten.
Más definiciones de prize courtDefinición de prize court en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional