- Videodefecography is specifically designed to evaluate evacuatory disorders such as rectal prolapse and rectocele.
- Mechanical problems with colostomies include herniation, prolapse, and stenosis.
- Other causes include rectal prolapse, diarrheal states, radiation injury to the rectum and overflow fecal incontinence secondary to impaction.
verbo[no object] (usually as adjective prolapsed)
- Haemorrhoids that remain prolapsed may develop thrombosis and gangrene.
- The lesion moved with the pulmonary valve and prolapsed back and forth across the valve, suggesting a cardiac tumor.
- Echocardiography revealed a thin, mobile mass at the level of the pulmonary valve that prolapsed through the valve during diastole.
Mid 18th century: from Latin prolaps- 'slipped forward', from the verb prolabi, from pro- 'forward, down' + labi 'to slip'.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: pro·lapse
Definición de prolapse en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.