A member of the working class; a worker.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Party members were tightly controlled, but the inner party made no attempt to turn the proles from spasmodic mob into party members.
- The new communist masters decided that Skoda would produce cars for the proles while the politburo and their apparatchiks would get a new luxury saloon built by Tatra.
- The rich will not bat an eyelid at paying £5 if it clears a few of the proles out of their way.
Working-class: prole soldiers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's largely in deference to prole sensibilities that buildings have no thirteenth floor and that thirteen is skipped over when racing cars are numbered.
- The types ranged through the British class system; actors rarely shuttled between posh parts and prole roles.
- Besides, the characters are too upwardly mobile for a standard prole opera.
Late 19th century: abbreviation of proletariat.
Palabras que riman con prolebarcarole, bole, bowl, cajole, coal, Cole, condole, console, control, dhole, dole, droll, enrol (US enroll), extol, foal, goal, hole, Joel, knoll, kohl, mol, mole, Nicole, parol, parole, patrol, pole, poll, rôle, roll, scroll, Seoul, shoal, skoal, sole, soul, stole, stroll, thole, Tirol, toad-in-the-hole, toll, troll, vole, whole
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: prole
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda