- If the girl was deemed promiscuous, became pregnant, or could not keep a job, she could be returned to the reform school.
- The only reason he turned her down is because this rumor got started that Christy was the most promiscuous girl at our school.
- After many years of directing my own sexual education in Paris, I came to see myself as a ‘liberated woman,’ or what some perhaps would call a promiscuous adventurer.
- As the American houses have seduced corporate Britain, so companies have become more promiscuous in their search for intelligence.
- There's a difference between being promiscuous and making serious strategic bets that may be the cause for regrets.
- To me, there seems something promiscuous about his geographical range: it looks as though he is looking for battles to fight.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In 1984, Marxist theorist Frederic Jameson lamented the eruption of a new style of painting that borrowed promiscuously from history and mythology was yet another symptom of a malaise rooted in the emergence of consumer capitalism.
- While trademarks may sometimes lose protection if they become used promiscuously, copyrighted works remain protected no matter how publicly they're distributed.
- We recognize that wise statesmen resist the temptation to use power promiscuously, and we stress the virtues of prudence, and self-restraint, in foreign policy.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This human promiscuousness is, of course, just what city-haters detest.
early 17th century: from Latin promiscuus 'indiscriminate' (based on miscere 'to mix') + -ous The early sense was 'consisting of elements mixed together', giving rise to 'indiscriminate' and 'undiscriminating', whence the notion of 'casual'.
miscellany from [L16th]:
This goes back to the Latin miscellus mixed from miscere ‘mix’ ( see mash). This also lies behind promiscuous[E17th]. Its early sense was ‘consisting of elements mixed together’, giving rise to ‘indiscriminate’, and ‘undiscriminating’, from which the notion of ‘casual’ arose.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: pro·mis·cu·ous
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.