- The conference voted for complete opposition to the Lyons report, which first proposed these plans.
- Public sector workers also need to actively recruit to their unions by explaining what the plans mean and by proposing a strategy for fighting them.
- In what follows I try to analyze what gave rise to this choice for the public, and propose a plan for moving on.
- I was elected, after somebody proposed me, so they wanted me.
- I assume you did not propose me for this office so that I, too, should lie to you.
- After he retired in 1992, he asked a friend to propose him as a member.
- He would not be able to live down the embarrassment in the event of someone telephoning him, as it was he who proposed the motion at committee to ban mobiles.
- She will propose a motion requesting the council adjourn it until May 21.
- At last week's Carlow town council meeting a resident of Grave Lane requested that the council propose a motion to change the name to Park Lane.
- That silly southern girl's name hadn't been mentioned since Daniel had proposed to Elizabeth.
- In May he proposed to Maria, who declined him marriage but wished him the best.
- There he proposed marriage, was refused, and next proposed to Iseult, who gave no definite answer.
- Make an offer of marriage to someone.Oraciones de ejemplo
- But it finally jumps the rails altogether when the preening rock star reacts not by getting a restraining order - but by proposing marriage.
- Whether it would be logical or suicidal, serious or fleeting, you might think of upping the ante and immediately proposing marriage.
- I never understood why women put up with men who put them on the spot by proposing marriage in front of large audiences.
propose a toast
- Ask a group of people at a social occasion to drink to the health and happiness of a specified person: I hereby propose a toast to the bride and groomMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She proposed a toast to our health (the usual) and sat back down amid clapping.
- I take three glasses from the cupboard, remove a bottle from the case, pop the cork, fill the glasses, and propose a toast to their health.
- When I mentioned a party where I'd proposed a toast, he said with a trace of regret, ‘I'm told you speak very well.’
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Indeed some of the proposers of these changes don't seem to have a grasp of the implications.
- Had proposers of boundary schemes been given such latitude, proposals would have been far different and, with such scope for variation, all our communities could have been accommodated without division.
- The proposers say it is odd that there is no disqualification of those who might have lengthy criminal records but severe restrictions on those who have played the game and might have a positive contribution to make.
Middle English: from Old French proposer, from Latin proponere (see proponent), but influenced by Latin propositus 'put or set forth' and Old French poser 'to place'.
Palabras que riman con proposeappose, arose, Bose, brose, chose, close, compose, diagnose, self-diagnose, doze, enclose, expose, foreclose, froze, hose, impose, interpose, juxtapose, Montrose, noes, nose, oppose, plainclothes, pose, prose, rose, suppose, those, transpose, underexpose, uprose
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: pro·pose
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.