An inability to recognize the faces of familiar people, typically as a result of damage to the brain.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He and his colleagues describe covert recognition in prosopagnosia, another category-specific agnosia in which faces cannot be visually recognized.
- Deep prosopagnosia (impaired facial recognition) could also be a reason for autoscopy.
- Another well-known and dramatic line of evidence for specific face-processing brain regions is the existence of the neuropsychological deficit of prosopagnosia.
1950s: modern Latin, from Greek prosōpon 'face' + agnōsia 'ignorance'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Using a questionnaire to identify prosopagnosia symptoms, the team found 38 prosopagnosics in seven families.
- The question now was how were two prosopagnosics who had never met going to find each other in a crowded cafe?
Pronunciación: /-ˈnōzik, -ˈnōsik/sustantivo
Definición de prosopagnosia en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional