Definición de protest en inglés:
- Anyone in their right mind would have stormed out in protest, holding their stomachs.
- In protest, town officials took down their provincial flags.
- In protest, the opposition did not participate in the vote, speaking of fraud and a ‘law of shame.’
- The fact that the public have to resort to demonstrations or angry protests against administration policy show that there is something currently wrong with the relationship.
- People are making their own efforts to organise demonstrations and protest marches.
- The incidences of violent crime are ongoing, and the more horrific ones usually spark some kind of immediate public reaction like a protest or a march.
- To our objections, he protested that he had repeated our order back to us, and this is what we had ordered.
- Is it any wonder that eventually they begin to complain and protest?
- It's as if they know, no matter how much they complain or protest, nothing will change.
- Small farmers and health service workers have also repeatedly protested against government policies.
- Thousands of Greek workers protested against the government's economic policies in the city of Thessaloniki on September 10.
- However, his prayers did not avert the famous Morozov strike of 1885, when his 8,000 workers protested against the fines.
- The demonstration follows a number of strikes and demonstrations held during the summer protesting the economic policies of the government.
- Security is tight in Washington, D.C. as demonstrators protest the policies of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank.
- In Berlin, left-wing protesters were out in force protesting government economic policies.
- He has always protested his innocence, claiming that on the night of the shooting he was with a friend.
- He has consistently protested his innocence and declared he has ‘a full answer’ to them.
- Contemporary dance is constantly called upon to protest its relevance against accusations of complacency and pretentiousness.
- After expressing one’s objection or reluctance; unwillingly: “I’m only here under protest,” Jenna said shortlyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The ‘official’ gear was worn; the tape was simply an indication that it was being worn under protest and, on the scale of protests, it was pretty mild.
- Did they pay the marginal increase that they are objecting to under protest, as it were, or have they just refused to pay it, so they are not out of pocket for it?
- He said legislators were making their amendment under protest but would proceed with their debate on May 19 because several wanted their objections to be noted in the official record.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It had been there a lot longer than the Chronicle offices and sometimes protestingly pushed out a gnarled root, rupturing the car park surface, like the finger of a buried monster trying to claw its way out of a tarmac tomb.
- A stiff breeze was coming in great gusts that agitated the bare limbs of trees as though bringing them protestingly to life.
- He takes me behind a tree, where I protestingly pull free of his grip.
testicle from Late Middle English:
The ancient Romans felt that a man's testicles testified that he was male. They formed the word testiculus from Latin testis ‘witness’, the source also of attest (late 16th century); detest (Late Middle English) which originally meant to denounce; protest (Late Middle English); testify (Late Middle English); and intestate (Late Middle English) ‘without a witnessed will’. The testicles were the ‘witnesses’ of the man's virility.
Palabras que riman con protestabreast, arrest, attest, beau geste, behest, bequest, best, blessed, blest, breast, Brest, Bucharest, Budapest, celeste, chest, contest, crest, digest, divest, guest, hest, infest, ingest, jest, lest, Midwest, molest, nest, northwest, pest, prestressed, quest, rest, self-addressed, self-confessed, self-possessed, southwest, suggest, test, Trieste, unaddressed, unexpressed, unimpressed, unpressed, unstressed, vest, west, wrest, zest
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.