- 1The way of life or mode of thought characteristic of the regions outside the capital city of a country, especially when regarded as unsophisticated or narrow-minded.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I think there is a real need to get away from all this regional provincialism - especially in a country where literature itself is so much at risk.
- It is entirely possible that conservative policies will lead to more cultural regionalism and provincialism.
- To her they figure as an escape from the provincialism of Bursley, but they are also a form of exile to which she consigns herself for having allowed her invalid father to die on her watch.
- 1.1Narrow-mindedness, insularity, or lack of sophistication: the myopic provincialism of women’s studiesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Conservative reaction, like socialist internationalism, was distinctly un-English in its lack of provincialism.
- Unlike in America, provincialism doesn't equate to lack of culture here.
- Every glimpse provided North American audiences into the lives, problems and thinking of peoples around the world, including their artistic circles, is a blow against provincialism and narrowness.
- 3A word or phrase peculiar to a local area.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In a disastrous miscalculation, the producers carefully put back all the lame, dated gags and Manhattan provincialisms that dotted the original production.
- 4The degree to which plant or animal communities are restricted to particular areas.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The pattern of Ashgill brachiopod provincialism can be traced back to the early Caradoc (Nemagraptus gracilis Biozone) during the major global sea level rise and marine transgression.
- Strong uniformity in Permian ammonoid biostratigraphy and provincialism between Xinjiang and Pamir is suggested.
- Early Permian lagenides do not exhibit marked provincialism, but there is evidence for paleolatitudinal control on assemblages.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In Bulgaria, Detchko Uzunov might be a provincialist or a parochialist, but he surely was not a regionalist.
- I also argued that recognizing Quebec as a distinct society would give the provincialists the ammunition they need to achieve their ends of dismantling our federation.
- It's just that being patriotic seems too often to be the banner that's waved by provincialists.
Más definiciones de provincialismDefinición de provincialism en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional