Definición de proxemics en inglés:
plural sustantivo[treated as singular]
The branch of knowledge that deals with the amount of space that people feel it necessary to set between themselves and others.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- After analyzing logs from V-Chat sessions, Microsoft Research found that ‘Overall, V-Chat users appear to be using the 3D features of the program to reproduce the social conventions of physical proxemics.’
- Hall discussed this as proxemics, which, he said, is the study of ‘man's use of space as a specialised elaboration of culture ’.
- It is close to proxemics in the sense that the actors in the milieu will establish a hierarchy among the resources located nearby and those that are farther away.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In addition, the reduction of proxemic space is an important means of gradually reducing interpersonal distance as well as communicating attraction by orienting the body toward the partner.
- Kinesic motions of the body exist in a spatial vacuum, while proxemic zones of space are empty of the dynamically embodied action that structure their meaning.
- Bodies, faces, looks, cars, knives - all penetrate the zones of privacy and proxemic control Marion tries to establish around herself from moment to moment.
1960s: from proximity, on the pattern of words such as phonemics.
Definición de proxemics en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda