Definición de proxemics en inglés:
plural sustantivo[treated as singular]
The branch of knowledge that deals with the amount of space that people feel it necessary to set between themselves and others.
- After analyzing logs from V-Chat sessions, Microsoft Research found that ‘Overall, V-Chat users appear to be using the 3D features of the program to reproduce the social conventions of physical proxemics.’
- Hall discussed this as proxemics, which, he said, is the study of ‘man's use of space as a specialised elaboration of culture ’.
- It is close to proxemics in the sense that the actors in the milieu will establish a hierarchy among the resources located nearby and those that are farther away.
1960s: from proximity, on the pattern of words such as phonemics.
- Example sentences
- In addition, the reduction of proxemic space is an important means of gradually reducing interpersonal distance as well as communicating attraction by orienting the body toward the partner.
- Kinesic motions of the body exist in a spatial vacuum, while proxemic zones of space are empty of the dynamically embodied action that structure their meaning.
- Bodies, faces, looks, cars, knives - all penetrate the zones of privacy and proxemic control Marion tries to establish around herself from moment to moment.
Definición de proxemics en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan