Definición de proximal en inglés:
1Situated nearer to the center of the body or the point of attachment: the proximal end of the forearm The opposite of distal.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The nerve recombined also beyond the tendon and was subject to compression, proximal to the pisiform bone.
- Approximately one third of polyps and one half of colorectal cancers occur proximal to the splenic flexure.
- The small bowel is of narrow caliber distal to the meconium plug and dilated proximal to the meconium plugs.
1.1 Geology Relating to or denoting an area close to a center of a geological process such as sedimentation or volcanism. Often contrasted with distal.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Such sediments and ichnofacies suggest lag deposits winnowed in proximal storm-generated beds.
- The precipitates are now difficult to locate and were not found in our recent shallow cores through the proximal sinter terrace.
- Individual deposit thicknesses vary from 20 m in proximal facies, to less than 2 m in distal facies.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Because the oligo tails of the telomeric retrotransposons always face proximally, the sequences flanking the P element can be used to determine its orientation.
- In contrast, the same landmarks are shifted proximally along the negative axis of Y8, truncating the proximal end of the humerus and displacing the midshaft constriction toward the humeral head.
- Complete release was defined as fascial division extending from the level of the posterior fibular head or fascial origin on the tibia proximally to the level of the inferior segment of the extensor retinaculum distally.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda