Excessively interested in a person’s private affairs; too inquisitive: she felt there was no place where she could escape from the prying eyes a certain kind of prying journalism
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A slum dweller has no door to slam in the face of prying reporters.
- Their nuclear manipulations will be free from prying eyes.
- The cities had also acquired a political conscience to protect themselves from prying princes.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘I believe you get the honor of renaming it then,’ Terelf said pryingly, ‘what will you name her?’
- Or, these inseparable couples could be holding on for dear life, dangling just slightly above eye level so we look up at them pryingly, like equally helpless children.
- Erica looked pryingly and Thomas began to tell her about most of the days events.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda