Definición de psocid en inglés:
A small or minute insect of an order that includes the booklice. Many psocids are wingless and somewhat resemble lice or aphids, and most live on bark and among foliage.
- Order Psocoptera: many families, including the large family Psocidae
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Book lice is a species of insect called psocid which was given its common name as it used to live on the binding materials of old books.
- Most psocids live outdoors and have wings. They can be found on tree bark, tree and shrub foliage, or under stones. These psocids are known as 'barklice'.
- Psocids are common but harmless household pests, smaller than a pinhead, that can live in dry powdery type foods.
Late 19th century: from modern Latin Psocidae (plural), from Psocus (genus name), from Greek psōkhein 'to grind'.
Definición de psocid en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda