1A person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- For a long time we wanted to believe that here we were dealing with abnormal monsters, psychopaths, or mentally defective, even psychotic individuals.
- Nigel Eastman believes that even if neuroscientists could prove that psychopaths had abnormal brains, they'd still be left with the inconvenient fact that nobody seems to know quite what a psychopath is in the first place.
- Studying the statements of violent criminal psychopaths sheds light on their striking and specific vulnerability and emotional pain.
madman, madwoman, maniac, lunatic, psychotic, sociopath
informal loony, fruitcake, nutcase, nutjob, nut, psycho, schizo, head case, sicko, screwball, crazy, kook, loon
1.1 informal An unstable and aggressive person: schoolyard psychopaths will gather around a fight to encourage the combatants
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She has a boyfriend, who is not an aggressive psychopath like the stalker, but gentle and decent.
- His book is populated with scoundrels, megalomaniacs, psychopaths, manipulators and sadists - people he happens to find interesting.
- History is littered with despots and psychopaths, murderous dullards, evil geniuses, deadly incompetents, calamitous brutes of all descriptions.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: psy·cho·path
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda