- 1A pterosaur of the late Jurassic period, with a long slender head and neck and a very short tail.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Family Pterodactylidae, order Pterosauria: several genera, including Pterodactylus
- Other anatomical features, such as attachment points for powerful neck muscles, support the idea that giant pterodactyls once plowed the waters for food.
- Earlier, Witmer and others had performed a similar study on fossils of the flying reptiles called pterodactyls, which are not related to Archaeopteryx.
- 1.1(In general use) any pterosaur.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I decided on a pterodactyl, a dinosaur with a distinct advantage over most dinosaurs: the ability to fly like an eagle.
- Based on widely accepted criteria, pterodactyls and other pterosaurs are not dinosaurs.
- Birds, close cousins of pterodactyls, are believed to have evolved from theropod dinosaurs about 150 million years ago.
early 19th century: from modern Latin Pterodactylus (genus name), from Greek pteron 'wing' + daktulos 'finger'.
Más definiciones de pterodactylDefinición de pterodactyl en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional