- Drooping of the upper eyelid due to paralysis or disease, or as a congenital condition.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The first sign frequently presents as ocular muscle weakness resulting in diploplia (double vision) and/or ptosis (drooping eyelid).
- Symptoms include nasal congestion, ptosis of one eyelid, miosis, and conjunctional hyperemia.
- On physical examination, slight proptosis of the left eye and ptosis of the left upper eyelid were noted.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Occasionally, the small volume of TRAM tissue cannot fulfill the requirements for breast symmetry, especially in those patients with limited abdominal tissue and large ptotic breasts.
- This flap also permits large ptotic breasts to be reconstructed without recourse to breast implants.
- In older patients, these glands may become ptotic and appear more prominent.
Pronunciación: /ˈtōˌtik, ˈtätik/adjetivo
mid 18th century: from Greek ptōsis, from piptein 'to fall'.
Más definiciones de ptosisDefinición de ptosis en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional